The James E. Wadsworth Community Center of Fellowship Chapel and the Detroit Branch NAACP, coordinated by 1st Lady Monica Anthony, passed out Coronavirus Care Packages to thousands of people, that included: 4,000 Face masks and $50 Cash gift to purchase food, sanitation and household items. Thank you to our volunteers and contributors!
TO: Fellowship Chapel Family & Friends
FROM: Rev. Dr. Wendell Anthony
DATE: March 12, 2020
RE: The Church’s Response To Coronavirus
We must be “wise as serpents and harmless as doves,” Matthew 10:16. Our prayers and thoughts are extended to each and every member, family and friends. We pray God’s continuous blessing upon each of you at this very serious time concerning this national crisis. I am sending this love note to each family to indicate the steps the church is taking to thwart the spread of this infection within our household. Let us remember “fear must not become the author of our faith, for without faith, it is impossible to please God,” Hebrews 11:6.
• The church will be undergoing a special sanitization of the sanctuary, the Dome, meeting rooms, infant/toddlers care, the health center, hallways, and the entire facility.
• Entrances will receive special attention in regard to wipe downs and surface cleaning on a daily basis.
• Hand sanitizer will be available at each entrance, when entering the church as well as the sanctuary. For those who regularly carry their own hand-sanitizer, we encourage you to continue to do so.
• If for some reason you feel sick or have a lengthy cold or flu symptom, you may consider remaining at home until your symptoms dissipate. Please consult with your doctor concerning your physical well-being.
• As you know, we are a touchy, feely, hugging church. It breaks my heart to even suggest that we must do without certain demonstrations of God’s affection for a brief time. Know that it is a reflection of the head but not the heart.
• When approaching the altar for prayer, we may link arms as opposed to holding hands (optional).
• Remember the fundamentals of handwashing.
• When coughing, use the bend of the arm, a Kleenex or handkerchief. Before exiting the sanctuary, properly discard any Kleenex you may have used.
Please know that these are important initiatives that we are taking to ensure everyone’s health and well-being. It is our hope and prayer that this situation will be limited in time and in scope. Please remember in order to sustain our church and its importance to God and the people of this community, it needs all of us. Your support through prayer and finances is vitally important at this very critical time. Of course, there are a number of ways in which you can make your donations to the church. Please remember you may pay by Cash App ($FellowshipChapel), PayPal (paypal.me/fellowshipchapel), check, credit or debit card. CLICK HERE . Also, you may still consider the EFT program for your consistent giving CLICK HERE to download form. In addition, we’ve included information regarding the Coronavirus and steps you can take at home and elsewhere to prevent its spread.
Thank you for your attention to these matters. May God continue to bless you and your family. Please know “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold,” Psalm 18:2.
Love, Peace, and Power,
Download More Info
Prayer and Praise Reports